Warren Car Accident Attorney
Car Accident Claims in Warren, Ohio
Car accidents are a common occurrence—in fact, data suggests that roughly 16,000 take place in the United States every single day. Most of us will be involved in at least a minor fender bender at some point, so it is helpful to know what to do in the event of a car accident, especially if you sustain serious injuries requiring extensive medical treatment.
At Urban Co., L.P.A., our Warren car accident lawyers are dedicated to helping car accident victims attain the compensation they need for recovery. If you or someone you love has been injured in an Ohio car crash, let us handle the legal side of things so you can focus more on taking care of yourself and your loved ones.
Common Car Accident Causes in Warren
A car accident can be caused by many happenings, such as bad weather or a faulty tire. However, the vast majority of car accidents are caused by human error. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), human error is involved in a staggering 94-96% of car wrecks.
The most common causes of car crashes in Warren, OH, caused by driver error are:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Reckless driving
Other common causes of car crashes include:
- Bad weather
- Low visibility at night
- Poorly designed roads
- Obstructions in or near roads
- Mechanical problems
- Car manufacturing defects
If your car accident was caused by one of the factors in the latter list, you may be wondering if you still have the right to sue. Generally, you do. However, instead of filing a car accident claim against another motorist, you might go after the city government (in the case of a poorly designed road) or a car company (in the case of a manufacturing defect). A personal injury lawyer can help you pinpoint the exact cause of your wreck and decide who is liable.
Common Car Accident Injuries in Warren
Car accidents happen so often and in such a variety of ways that nearly every kind of personal injury can be associated with wrecks. The severity of car accident injuries can also vary tremendously.
The most common injuries associated with car accidents in Warren are:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Bone fractures
- Knee trauma
- Broken ribs
- Internal injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
No matter how minor or serious your injuries seem, it is always best to see a doctor after a car accident. Serious conditions such as those caused by TBIs can be latent for years before symptoms appear. Getting treated early can save you a lot of trouble in the long run.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Warren, Ohio
Following a car accident in Warren, always take the following steps as soon as possible if you can:
- Seek medical attention: Call 911 if you or someone else involved in the crash is seriously injured. If you feel well enough to remain on the scene, visit a doctor as soon after the accident as you can.
- Take pictures of the crash scene: Photograph all vehicles involved in the accident, any property that was damaged by the crash, and injuries you sustained. These images can be used to back up your claim if another driver tries to claim you were at fault, for instance.
- Collect info from the other driver(s): Ask any other motorists involved in the crash for their contact and insurance information.
- File a police report: Call the Warren police to the scene so that they can file an accident report. This is will also act as additional evidence for your claim.
- Notify your insurance company: Inform your insurance company of the accident. However, never speak to another driver’s insurance company before talking to a personal injury lawyer.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer: Your Warren accident lawyer will advise you on the next steps to take and help you file a personal injury claim to recover damages.